Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Update

It's Wednesday and I'm supposed to have a blog post. And I do, sort of. The problem is it's only partly written.

Why? I've been editing, and I'm on a roll. If everything continues as it has been, I will have edited a third of a novel in one week. (Or even more--squee!) This is unheard of for me, especially since we're not talking about last-minute polishing. This is get-down and get-dirty editing--add a new scene/rewrite the transition editing. And I'm loving it.

I'm actually stunned because normally I'm not that fond of editing. But I'm rolling with it.

I think it must be the Charleston vacation that started it. Hmm...I think I should go on more vacations. All for the sake of art, of course. ;)

Here are some photos.
Middleton Place. This was a plantation,
and there were alligators in the water behind me.
Magnolias--the BEST restaurant. (Watch out, Paris.)
This was fried green tomatoes over cheese grits with a white wine reduction and a sweet coulis. To die for.

6 comments:

  1. Vacations can recharge a person. Keep on pressing forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you get on a roll and just don't want to stop. I had that experience with drafting on my last book--which blew my mind because I typically hate first drafts. Isn't it great when you hit a milestone as an author?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. To be blown away by something just when you think you've been writing long enough to not be surprised by anything--such fun!

      Delete